‘Tips & tricks for odour tests of packaging materials’
date will be scheduled using doodle after preregistration of at least 5 participants
13.30 u – 17.00 u
Incubatie- en Innovatiecentrum Universiteit Gent, Technologiepark 3, BE-9052 Gent (Zwijnaarde) (route description (building 603))
During this hands-on workshop practical tips & tricks for sensory analysis of food contact materials/food packaging materials, especially for odour tests, will be given.
Sensory quality control of base materials/substrates or food packagings by packaging producers or entrance control by food producers can be very important to avoid packaging-related taints of packaged food products. SENSTECH helps companies to start with a sensory panel for sensory quality control of food packagings. During this hands-on workshop practical tips & tricks to select and train a sensory panel for food contact materials will be explored.
- introduction: odour problems of food contact materials (FCM)/ food packaging materials
- case studies of packaging-related taints in packaged food products and off-odours of food packaging materials
- odour wheel FCM: odour-active volatile components in food contact materials
- good practices for sensory analysis in the field of food contact materials: sensory test room, selection and training of a sensory panel, selection of descriptors, sample preparation and presentation, types of sensory tests: triangle test, ranking test and quantitative descriptive analysis
- (European) standards for sensory analysis of different packaging materials (Robinson test, EN 1230:2010, DIN 10955: 2004, ISO 13302:2003)
- tips & tricks for selection and training of a sensory panel (depending on the type of packaging material)
- practical odour tests of (printed) packaging materials (paper/card board and polymeric materials)
dr. Inge Dirinck, technological advisor of SENSTECH (Flemish Advise Centre for Sensory Quality of Food Products and Food Contact Materials)
Employees from Quality Control and R&D Departments of food and packaging companies and their suppliers, …
- number of participants is limited to 10 persons
- SENSNET members: € 120,00 (vat excl.; handouts and coffee included)
- other participants: € 240,00 (vat excl.; handouts and coffee included)
Alimento (formerly IPV) gives a support of € 60,00 for all participants of PC 220.
Preregistration using following link.